Just Another Blog

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Google indexed my true XHTML site

Today, I found that Google has successful (to some extends) indexed my "cutting-edge" XHTML site:

&site.title;
File Format: Unrecognized - View as HTML
WeatherPixie This is the personal website of Martin Ng (ä¼æ˜åº·), a computer science graduate. This site serves as a testbed for my experiments about ...
minghong.f2g.net/ - Similar pages

Why "to some extends"? Because:

  • It fails to recognize "application/xhtml+xml" as XML
  • Hence it doesn't use UTF-8 as the default encoding, leading in problem displaying Chinese characters
  • Also, it doesn't recognize my custom entities (defined with inline DTD), hence showing somethings like &site.title;

Anyway, it seems to be better than nothing. Let's hope that Google will improve its file parser someday…

2 Comments:

Note that troll and spam comments will be deleted without any notification.

Post a Comment

<< Home