Just Another Blog

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Friday, October 08, 2004

Gmail said: "No ZIP file"

Tonight, I was trying to send an email with a ZIP attachment to my friend. But suddenly Gmail told me:

Sorry, for security reasons, Gmail does not allow you to send this type of attachment.

What?! Security reasons? I'm not a spammer nor a computer virus... :-( I didn't give up and tried some other popular formats like Tarball (.tar) and Windows executable (.exe). Well, as expected, they failed.

Luckily 7-ZIP is not blocked! :-D Gmail should seriously consider NOT to block any attachment. Otherwise, please block it in a smarter way. ;-)

1 Comments:

Note that troll and spam comments will be deleted without any notification.

  • At 10/16/2004 08:59:00 am, Blogger Topio said…

    this is crappy crap i use gmail to send files to myslef from my office account and this is a big PNA,
    and the same file will go through if you just rename it to rar

     

Post a Comment

<< Home