Angle Soft wants you
I got an exciting (yet disappointing to me) email from Angle Soft, which is now looking for XUL expert(s) from the New York City:
The original attachment is in Word format. I've converted it into HTML format so that it would be more accessible:
We are a NYC-based, startup Application Service Provider that needs a senior software engineer, preferably with significant experience developing client applications. We are building the client using the Mozilla Foundation's XUL platform, so any direct experience with XUL would be a huge plus.
You will be joining a small, world-class team of software engineers, designers, and information architects. We are a progressive team that uses the latest in open source technologies in our development environment (Eclipse, Maven, Confluence, and Jira) and for our frameworks (Spring, Webwork, Hibernate, and Velocity). We take a pragmatic, agile approach to software development.
The engineer we are seeking should have the following technical qualifications:
- At least 6 years of heavy-duty programming experience using Java or C++.
- Client-side programming experience, including a minimum of 2 years experience using DHTML or XUL.
- Have familiarity with RDF XML.
- Be an expert in XML technologies (XPath/XML Schema/XSLT).
- Be an expert in developing rich, dynamic DHTML or XUL business applications.
- Be an expert in W3C or Gecko DOM model.
- Be an expert in CSS, with specific expertise in dynamic layout of html content.
This person must also:
- Understand and enjoy the unique pressures and rewards of working at a startup company and owning a product from day one.
- Live in New York City.
- Be prepared to begin work on this project within the next 4 weeks.
We are committed to building a GREAT company. For the right applicant, we are willing to offer:
- A competitive compensation package (as a consultant to begin with, leading to full-time employment).
- A supportive, financially sound environment.
- A great deal of creative control.
- An opportunity to work with a team committed to building great software and having fun doing it.
Only qualified applicants should respond to this position by emailing their resumes to ryan [at] angelsoft (dot) net.
P.S. All those email addresses were hiden by me. By the way, I wonder if there is any company in Hong Kong/China that wants to hire me? ;-) An internship would be nice, but a full-time job would be even better.