Just Another Blog

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Monday, August 30, 2004

Gmail Captcha System

I found that my Gmail Notifier for Mozilla/Firefox stops working suddenly. Guess what? Gmail put a Captcha challenge in the login box!!! I can't believe it...

Enter the letters as they are shown in the image above

Maybe it is just me? As I used this unofficial Gmail Notifier so frequently that Gmail has blacklisted me... :-(

Well... if this cannot be solved, I will be forced to use the official Gmail Notifier...

2 Comments:

Note that troll and spam comments will be deleted without any notification.

  • At 8/31/2004 12:47:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    this is a bit "old" news:

    http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/08/28/1853234&tid=217&tid=1

    ""Recently, Google's gmail service has attempted to change login protocols to block third-party gmail notifiers that alert you to new email. Google has now taken it one step further and created a word-identification script filter as part of the login process. Personally, I find Google's gmail notifier annoying since it sits in my taskbar and doesn't have popup notification, unlike many other worthy Firefox or Mozilla plugins that feature gmail notification. Shouldn't I be free to use whatever third party software to check my email? Will we be seeing controls on browsers that can view gmail next?"

    Also, you may be interested in looking into this:

    GmailFS: http://richard.jones.name/google-hacks/gmail-filesystem/gmail-filesystem.html

    I wonder how long this will survive before Google take some actions to block it or ask the author to take it down. Let's see.

     
  • At 2/25/2005 09:59:00 pm, Blogger Oskar Austegard said…

    My Gmail account just started being captcha'd yesterday. Interesting that they seem to be rolling this out on an account by account basis.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home